This has been on my mind a lot this week. I mean, now could it not be. With the onslaught of images and reporting coming at us from all ends. Its getting scary out there BUT you need to remember that you have no control over what’s going on around you. You can only control what you are doing.
- You have no control over whether your clinic may close or postpone your cycle.
- You DO have control over how proactive you are being in terms of asking questions of your clinic about how they may be effected.
- You have no control over what other people are doing or not doing to spread the disease.
- You DO have control over being vigilant about where you go and how often you wash your hands.
- You have no control over the stress and panic that friends and family may be causing you.
- You DO have the control to set boundaries and tell them that you don’t need to be reminded of what’s going on in the world.
- You have not control over the hysteria that is rampant on social media and all the news stations.
- You DO have control to unfollow any and all social media and not watch any news that you find triggering.
- You have no control over what co-workers do.
- You Do have control over advocating for your health and asking if you could work from home because of your infertility treatments.
- You have no control over being forced to limit your activities.
- You DO have control over finding equally fun and exciting things to do at home.
If you work in an office, always listen to your gut and do what you think is best for you, especially now. I have heard of some companies requesting that their employees stay home. I have also heard of a rotation of home to work time. In this case half the employees work from home and half from work for 14 day intervals. The is the incubation time of the virus so if anyone gets sick it would happen over that time period. Another good practice would be separating every employee by a few desks or offices so that no one is on top of one another.
Like so many viruses of the past THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
It is essential that you do not panic and concentrate on controlling only what you can. Take it one day at a time, be smart and sensible and you will be fine.